What length would you go to for revenge for your family, but still remain within the boundaries of the law?

I am not going into specifics, but suffice it to say the law failed mine. But in the end, the law worked in my favor. My daughter was raped 6 yrs ago at college. She admits to drinking, but like she gets her drink spiked. Fuzzy images in her head, she does recall who she was with. Apparently, she had to go to the bathroom because she knew something was wrong, and made herself throw up (her daddy is a state cop who tells her things, one of things stuck this night) Well she managed to get some of it up, but not all. She puts the vomit in a old pill canister. Well she pass out and at some point the guy raped her in the hallway of her dorm, leaves he there. She goes into to the ER, and cannot find her pill canister with proof she was drugged. She got pregnant, against my wishes, and the family. she got an abortion. Its her body, her choice ladies. Some were charges were filed, because of the "good 'ol boys network" was working overtime, he only served 2 yrs for sexual assault and MIP

Now the revenge... Its been about 4 yrs, and I find the guy here in my TOWN! Had the balls to actually come back here!! The the fucker that raped and forever changed my little girl, now 28. Well the shop I find at is a gun store owned by his daddy. The guy is now a felon, and working at a gun store, and the ATF frowns heavily at this stuff. So I take it upon myself, report that a felon is buying and selling arms, at a gun store etc...

Well I heard a few days ago the gun store is out of business, the daddy is in prison for 3 yrs and his son is in prison now for 6!

Karma is a bitch. SOB gets 6 yrs for that, but only 2 for sexual assault. I think our justice system needs more of overhaul then anything else...

Thoughts? Too much? And reading back it seems like a lifetime movie, but it happened about 5 yrs ago give or take. I posted back then. But I will be damn if I could find it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Dec. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• You don't need revenge. Karma is taking care of it. You need counseling to cope with what happened b/c if you're still angry and on a mission for revenge that's not healthy for you. As hard as it may sound you need to deal with this and move on.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Holding a grudge is like taking poison and waiting for your enemy to die.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I don't think that is revenge or karma.

I think it's called consequences.  

You did nothing illegal.  You actually did your civic duty to report illegal activity.  There are consequences for breaking the law.  

If they didn't want to deal with the consequences they should have made better decisions.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I got the chills when I read this!! I AGREE on hundred percent with you!!! Look at our country we are killing/bombing people left and right! Video games are promoting such war yet you get locked up 8 years for what!? And then you go raping innocent people and only get 2!?? So misleading and unjust. I also agree that revenge is useless and actually, if you do take revenge it only haunts you with bad karma yourself. So just sit back and enjoy his karma. That is the best revenge. In terms of justice system, it is not just at all.
    sunnysideup89

Answer by sunnysideup89 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• he should have gotten more time. You do not want to get yourself in trouble.
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• .." You do not want to get yourself in trouble..."
    I did nothing wrong, all I did was give a heads up to the ATF there was a felon working at a gun store. Now we wouldn't want a gun to fall into the hands of a bad guy do we???

I have sought counseling and I am not holding a grudge. Its been quite a few years that went by by the time my dd's rapist came back back and went to work with his dad at his gun store. While I did in fact take extreme enjoyment in the fact I did my civic duty by giving a heads up to the ATF, and I helped karma move a bit quicker, I find no shame in the fact I held up a bottle of my best wine and toasted the assholes as they were being handcuffed and shoved into the cruiser.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Nothing wrong with feeling satisfied that some kind of justice was done. Not necessarily for your DD, but they are paying the price for breaking the law with regards to his conviction and limits as to where he could legally work. His father should have known better. Live and learn.

I still don't think it was karma though. I don't think that's how karma works.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2013