Medical Coding and Billing OR Pharmacy Technician???

Im about to enrool in CareerStep for Medica Coding and Billing, however, Im considering to switch to Pharmacy Technician just because is easier to find a job according to what I read. Medical Coding pays wayyyy more, but I dont know if its worth the time and money ... ANY experience anyone? Please let me know... Im a stay at home mom since I havent find anything in my field (I have a bachelors degree already) and also an army wife looking for a job .... Which one would you recommend?

lerolero320

Asked by lerolero320 at 7:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2013 in Money & Work

• What's your bachelor's degree in?

In my state, you can get pharmacy tech training at many pharmacies. You don't need a degree, just a high school diploma.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:09 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Thanks! I have a Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design. Im a freelancer photographer, however, I need to find a job that makes money so I can invest in my photography business, and being a military wife is not helping I guess :/ ... I cant find anything in design, but I want to continue in my phtography business, I just need a job/career (besides photography) to help me buy props, lens, etc for my business :/ ... Pharmacy Tech like you said, you dont need a certification, but I've been applying as a pharmacy tech and no one calls me. I've been working since 2009, and have an associates and bachelors degree, no luck in finding a good job AT ALL.
    lerolero320

Comment by lerolero320 (original poster) at 7:26 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• If my goal was pharmacy tech I would get a job at Walmart doing whatever, then transfer to pharmacy as soon as available to get the training then take the test for certification Personally I would not pay to go to school for something that isn't necessary. Call me cheap but I wouldn't do it

Answer by missanc at 8:55 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• If you are just looking for a job to supplement your photography business, why not another entry level job in retail or the food industry? If you have no plans to actually change your career but supplement/support the one you have or want to have then I'd get an job as a waitress or something similar. That's what I'd do.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I have a bachelors too, in psychology tho and I can't find a good high paying job in my field so I'm considering another field. The best most stable field now is the medical field. So if you have the time and money go back to school for med billing. I don't have the time or money but when I do I'm going to go back and finish my RN. Its only 2 years and that's a great job.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2013