How can I get my 1 year to sleep alone again? Please help me!

My daughter is 1 years old. A couple of nights ago she kept crying so I let her sleep with me. Now I want her to go back to sleeping in her room on her own but she wont. I have tried the cry it out method. She just crys until her nose runs and tears run down her face.

I have even tried buying her a crib mobile, it sings and lights up and she wont even look at it she just screams.
I have even tried walking in the room and laying her down EVERY time she crys but she just stands back up and crys more and more.

I don tknow what to do. It is my first time being a parent.

sweetlady0157

Asked by sweetlady0157 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i let my little one sleep with me for so long it was a terrible idea because i had the hardest time sleeping but i was so aginst the cry it out method (he is 2 and i still hate to see him cry) what i eventually did was have a set amount of cuddle time and once he was completly relax i put him in his bed but also his bed wasw in my room at first i moved him from my bed to his there in my room then eventually moved his bed to his own room however i had 2 months to move him to his own room we still have our set cuddle time and this seems to have worked pretty well for us
    littleleesmom

Answer by littleleesmom at 10:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have the same problem. My 2yr old sleeps with me and now i don't know how to get him back into his own bed. so please let me know if you can fix this bc i wanna know!!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 12:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I can empathize with you. Been there, done that, still doing that with... I've learned that everything is a phase, and it's pretty tough for us to change them. Instead, try to enjoy the moments realizing that there will be a time when your kids would never consider cuddling in bed with you. :)
    Trinjo

Answer by Trinjo at 12:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2009