How can I get my 1 year to sleep alone again? Please help me!

My daughter is 1 years old. A couple of nights ago she kept crying so I let her sleep with me. Now I want her to go back to sleeping in her room on her own but she wont. I have tried the cry it out method. She just crys until her nose runs and tears run down her face.

I have even tried buying her a crib mobile, it sings and lights up and she wont even look at it she just screams.
I have even tried walking in the room and laying her down EVERY time she crys but she just stands back up and crys more and more.

I don tknow what to do. It is my first time being a parent.

Asked by sweetlady0157 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i let my little one sleep with me for so long it was a terrible idea because i had the hardest time sleeping but i was so aginst the cry it out method (he is 2 and i still hate to see him cry) what i eventually did was have a set amount of cuddle time and once he was completly relax i put him in his bed but also his bed wasw in my room at first i moved him from my bed to his there in my room then eventually moved his bed to his own room however i had 2 months to move him to his own room we still have our set cuddle time and this seems to have worked pretty well for us

Answer by littleleesmom at 10:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I have the same problem. My 2yr old sleeps with me and now i don't know how to get him back into his own bed. so please let me know if you can fix this bc i wanna know!!

Answer by exxOHjackie at 12:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I can empathize with you. Been there, done that, still doing that with... I've learned that everything is a phase, and it's pretty tough for us to change them. Instead, try to enjoy the moments realizing that there will be a time when your kids would never consider cuddling in bed with you. :)

Answer by Trinjo at 12:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2009