Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Has anyone experienced a court modification for visitation?

Judge has granted me the final restraining order. Now court is asking for visitation. I had a dyfs case pending at the time. Now I have evidence from dr. Sent by dyfs that my 3 year old was molested by her father. What can I do in court to stop all visitation with this monster? Court date is tomorrow Dec. 12, 2013
Please help :'(

Answer Question

Asked by Magick628 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Do you have a lawyer? I would say the report and hopefull in person having the doctor who examined your daughter testify about what happened to her. You need a lawyer, this isn't your run of the mill I want every Wednesday kind of modification.

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

  • Do you not have an attorney? I would take whatever proof you have with you to court tomorrow. Do not fail to show up.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 9:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

  • totally need a lawyer
    you get a lawyer TODAY
    and if time needed to get these records or the person in court to testify- then lawyer will ask judge for another court date
    and most likely a no contact until sorted out

    do not tell us you do not have money for a lawyer
    i did not have money for a lawyer, i used a credit card- in debt up to my eye balls, but my child is safe

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

  • Now court is asking for visitation....or the father is asking???
    is court asking that father have time without father asking?? that makes no sense
    or did court set up a court date to figure out visitation?

    and this doctor may have to testify in court or have a report sent to court- this takes time and maybe a request/supeana from court

    get off interent and call lawyers NOW

    Answer by fiatpax at 9:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

  • did the court appoint a guardian ad litem for your child?
    if so, the g.a.l. should have gotten this report and you should be on the phone with gal

    a lawyer will handle this all
    a good one
    now it not the time to be on the cheap
    a good lawyer will take this case, and take a credit card
    but as court is tomorrow, you are VERY short on time

    Answer by fiatpax at 9:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.