2. What to get gay future SIL

My future SIL is gay and very masculine. DF told me she got something for me and my kids for Christmas and is baking cookies for us too. He said to get her some tools as a gift. But I'm not going to get her a screwdriver and wrench. That seems insulting. So what is a good gift for a very masculine gay woman?

jenny3344

Asked by jenny3344 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2013 in Holidays

• This shirt.. of course.

anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Lol you're funny!!
    jenny3344

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Well, ummm, not to be mean or anything, but what is she besides masculine and gay? There must be more to her than that. What kind of music dos she lie? What does she put on her walls? What does she watch on TV late at night? Wha does she dream about? What does she chit-chat about?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• What does she like? What are her interests? Just because she's gay doesn't mean she automatically wants a tool chest.

Since she's making cookies it would appear she enjoys cooking. How about something nice for her kitchen?
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 12:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I'm not sure what she likes but something for her kitchen is a good idea. She works as a cook.
    jenny3344

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• You can't go wrong with some sort of gift certificate.....

Answer by older at 12:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• That's what I mean. Gay isn't all she is.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:01 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• The problem isn't that she is gay. Its that she is so masculine. All I see her doing is working on her car, household repairs, doing yard work.
    jenny3344

Comment by jenny3344 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• The problem is that you have managed to completely define her by her sexuality. I don't have to tell you that millions of women work on cars, do household repairs and do yard work regardless of the gender of whom they love.

Once you stop the identifiers based on sexuality you'll have a much easier time deciding what to get her for Christmas.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 1:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• ask her?

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2013