What can I do with a chicken carcass?

If I boil it in a pot of water then strain it, that makes stock right?

Then what?

......lol, hopeless I know

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Needs some veggies too. Here's some help: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_chicken_stock/

Answer by gdiamante at 3:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• google how to make chicken soup....
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Thank you! I had no idea. Looks like this carcass may just get thrown away.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Make stock yes, then use the stock for soup, to cook rice or pasta in- anything you'd use canned broth for. It's so easy and so much better than canned!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• You can just boil it and save the broth, add the veggies later if you don't have any at the moment. It will taste way better than store bought. Just cover right above it with water add some salt and pepper and simmer for about an hour.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• After you make the stock, if you don't want to make soup, you can make dumplings. I do that a lot with chicken carcasses.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• boil the bones in water with salt, pepper and maybe some of your favorite herbs. Then you have about 6-8 cups of stock for making soup or rice with.

You can make ANY soup with this! Add rice, barley or pasta and some of your favorite soup veggies and you have meal ready to go. Make it super cheap and add rice, a can of tomato paste and a bag of mixed veggies. My families favorite is to add spinach, sauteed onions and carrots and 'fresh' tortellini from the deli section at Kroger.
    Anonymous