TEETHING?!

really? at 4 months old? ok i can handel this...but my real question is, how long did it take from when your baby first started teething to when their FIRST tooth came in? and how old was you LO?

Kamarias_mommy

Asked by Kamarias_mommy at 12:07 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 6.5 and has been teething since 3 mo. He got his first tooth a week and a half ago.
    SouthALMommy

Answer by SouthALMommy at 7:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my friends son started at 3mths and didnt get his first tooth til 11mths...I think he may have had gas tho cuz she never would burp him like she should and he would eat and eat 8oz bottles back to back.They say if they act hungry it could be gas....thats why i'm thinkin hers was gas.But its possible for your LO to be teething!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• shes been drooling like crazy, and chewing on EVERYTHING, and i breast feed her and feed on demand she hasnt had uncomfortable gas since she was like 1 month old.... and when i nurse her she tries to stick her finger in her mouth to chew on them....
    Kamarias_mommy

Answer by Kamarias_mommy at 12:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Try clove oil...it really helps with the discomfort for baby.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 1:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Around 3 to 4 months the hand to mouth reflex really starts to develop. At this age babies will put anything in their mouth and try to chew on it. It's a very important motor reflex but it doesn't mean that teeth are always right behind. You baby might not get that first tooth for several months. My DD started at around 4 months and is not 6 months and still toothless!

RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 9:39 AM on Feb. 20, 2009