This jerk...

My daughter father barely helps with our child. But he always feel the need to judge me. I have been living at home with my parents and never been on my own. It's hard out here and I don't want to move in with a friend with my daughter and things go south. It's a difference in living at home with your parents versus a girl friend or distant family member. He thinks I'm scared to leave the nest. It's not that though, it's the fact that I can't afford my own shit. I want to have my own place. My child has been asking for her own room. Leaving my parents house and moving in with somebody else is no better right? It still won't be my own

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2013 in Relationships

• Now I see why you divorced him. He is a major jerk. Stay home with your Parents as long as you can. Close family is imortant for the kids happiness too. That's what I would do.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Important*
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• She is only 5, she does not need her own space.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Well we were never married but when I got pregnant he turned into a evil jerk
    I'm the one that posted about taking him off of child support. I'm trying to get a court date to put his dumb ass back on. He is 30 years old loving from house to house and he never really provides but yet he judges me and my parenting. Just because I live home, doesn't mean my parents give me money or help with my daughter. We do love here rent free but I provide food for the house and cook. It's just frustrating
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• YOU are doing nothing wrong. And his "judgement" isn't worth the contents of a latrine bucket. Just get the legal ducks in a row.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Tell him to go fuck himself and you stop giving a damn in what he says about YOUR parenting! I mean obvsly he is a douche and doesn't no what he's talking about so why give a damn? Yea it's frustrating trust me Ik but let it go one ear and out the other!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I'm sitting here and trying to figure out WHY you care what this asshole thinks to begin with. I'd have him sign over all his parental rights and be done with him. I don't think you even have to let him see his child since you were never married. I'd just laugh in his face next time he said anything about my parenting or my lifestyle.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• If you are old enough to get married and have a child you are old enough to move into you own place and stop mooching off of other people.
    I assume you have a job and he is paying child support?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Stop listening to him. You know he's only spouting garbage so why let him get to you?
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 3:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• He did not turn into an evil jerk when you became pregnant. It was then that your eyes were opened to what he was all along. If your parents are okay with your being in their home, stay there. This is home to your child, and she deserves a home, which said man does not seem to get. In my opinion, a man who refuses to assume responsibility for a child he fathered also gives up his rights to make decisions about where that child lives. Tell him that!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2013