When you buy

your wedding dress, do you take it home once it is paid for?
or do they keep it there until they do alterations?

*it's at David's bridal- tried to search the answer and had no luck

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 6:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2013 in Shopping

• My sister bought her dress at David's Bridal and I believe she left it there until the alterations were complete.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• My sister brought hers home and they (alterations people there) told her when to bring it back. She bought it in late Feb and her wedding was in late March though. This was at David's Bridal also.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• They kept mine while they did the alterations. I had to show the receipt when it was ready to pick up.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Mine took several months to arrive after being ordered. Once it got to the dress shop I went in and tried it on, the alterations lady pinned it where she needed to do work and I left it there for her to work on. She was finished with it a few weeks later (she could have done it sooner, but I didn't need it for a few weeks and figured it was better to be there than at my house). I picked it up about a week before leaving for my wedding. Timing worked out really well on it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• well, we are not ordering it- it's already the right size...so my daughter was wondering if you bring it home
    her alterations will be in May
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Are they wanting to hold onto it at the store? Since it's paid for there really is no reason to leave it there, especially if you aren't getting alterations until closer to the date. I would probably want to bring it home.  If they do the alterations for free or discounted because you bought it there then they should be able to verify your purchase with your receipt.  Do they want to hold onto it?  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Do they want to hold onto it? No idea- I have it on lay-away, but when I pay it off (maybe next week) my daughter wanted to know if she brings it home or not
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• We took it home. I would suggest that you have the alterations done elsewhere.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I would suggest that you have the alterations done elsewhere.

all it is is the bustle - should run about 70 bucks they said
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 7:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• They'll likely hang onto it there until everything is done - it can be hard to store a wedding dress properly and they will know how to do it anyway.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2013