Should I just shut up?

DH has a 13 year old son whom we haven't seen for over a year. He doesn't like me or my rules and refuses to visit. Meanwhile, DH still goes to all of his baseball & football games, gets him bday & xmas presents, but his son still refuses to talk to him. I said that he needs to enforce the parenting order and shouldn't get gifts unless he comes over to get them.

DH said it's too hard and went to bed. He's pretty pissed that I pushed the issue. Should I just shut up about it? It's just so hard for me to let it go and to see DH being treated like garbage. :(

BeaverHouse

Asked by BeaverHouse at 8:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• For now. Let him calm down and re-visit the issue later. Not saying to let it drop completely, but give him a little space right now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• No, I kinda agree with your husband. In the end, he can say that he tried and he was being a good dad. I guarantee you at some point in his life, his son will come to see that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I agree with m-avi

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Fair enough. It just makes me so sad.
    BeaverHouse

Comment by BeaverHouse (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Sorry you're sad! Not so much your place though. I'm sure he's trying, just not sure what else to do.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2013