I'm young & Pregnant..How do i tell my parents?

I still live with my parents, im not finished with schooling. i am currently not employed. Both my boyfriend & i are in school, & not employed. We both live with our parents. How am i gonna tell them im pregnant? any suggestions. i know already they will be upset, but i dont know how to tell them.. My boyfriend & i have been together for almost 2 years now. He knows just as well as i do not using a condom will get you pregnant. So here i am.. Also, im a field hockey player.. its been a very important thing in my life since ive been little, & now i have to give it up.. So if any of you could help me that would be wonderful.

Thanks a bunch, god bless.

Piper

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Well Piper, you mad an adult choice to have sex so I suppose you should be an adult and just open your mouth and say I am pregnant.
    Then get a job and support your child
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I don't think there is a good way. I would sit them both down with the boyfriend and tell them. Then get a part time job and stay in school. You will now be a slave to the decision you've made in the name of sex. For life. Maybe other pregnant teens will have something nice to say about this. Maybe they have an approach I don't know.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Decide what you want your future to look like and discuss your plans with your parents. You need to talk with your boyfriend. Do you plan to be together / marry in the future? Do you plan to keep your baby? Are you considering giving your baby up for adoption? What is your plan to care for the baby once he / she is born? How do you plan to finish school if you are planning to keep your child? What are your long term education plans and how do you plan to achieve that goal if you have one? Where does a child fit in to your plans (obviously you will be making decisions to accommodate a baby if you decide to keep him / her). Do you expect or need help from your parents? What does that help look like?

Knowing some of the answers to these questions will let your parents understand that you are taking this serious and hopefully they will be more supportive of whatever you decide to do. Good luck.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Just come right out and tell them. My best friend told her mom that I was pregnant when I was still living at home and my parents got a phone call from my best friend's mom. That made things worse. My parents were disappointed in me for getting pregnant but very upset with me for hiding it from them and hurt that my best friend's mom knew before them. And the anxiety of telling them ate away at me for months. By the time they found out, I had missed out on a lot of prenatal care.

If I could go back 18 plus yrs, I would wait until my parents were in the same room and tell them that I had something very serious to tell them, that I know they are going to be disappointed and that I'm very sorry. Then I would just say "I'm pregnant". Yes, they will likely be very upset and likely need some time to calm down. But you have to tell them.

Good luck!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• You just tell them. They'll be disappointed at first, but boy oh boy are they going to love that baby. Disappointment will turn into love. Work hard, study hard, love your child above all others, and you'll get thru it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:35 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Oh, and in the future, BIRTH CONTROL. NO EXCUSES.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Call MTV! I'm not joking either. If I were a pregnant high schooler I would. Those bitches are doing better than I probably ever will, all for getting knocked up too young.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I suggest you and your boyfriend ask his parents to your home and you both stand there and tell them straight up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:48 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• All you have to do is to have mom and dad sit down and tell them you need to talk to them. They will figure it out right away. :-)

How old are you ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:31 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• How many other people have you told? I think you call your boyfriend and ask him and his parents to come over and you both tell them all together, to figure out what you are going to do.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2013