Should a 6 year old have a ?..?

... Google Nexus 7? For Christmas ? .. ..He will be 7 in March. I think it's to much.. . . For a 6 year old... Thoughts? .. Ideas? .. ..
.. Now .. how can I explain to my DH that he will prolly break it... Our son wanted a Nabi.. Which he was really excited about.. .. .. I just feel my DH just typed online .. "best tablet" or "best kids tablet".. Found it , then got it.. Yes i was sitting there but.. The kiddos were prolly fighting, or I was on the phone.. I was Occupied.. ... I have done many research on these freaking tablets.. Never have I heard of the google nexus...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• That's not a gadget for a little kid. I wouldn't consider it until 12 or so
    I have one of those.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• How does he treat other electronic devices? I'm not sure I would have gotten my kids something like that at 6 years old, but mine were sort of hard on stuff. I guess it depends on how your child is with stuff like that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I am not sure what that is. At 6 mine had a 3DS and a portable DVD player. He is responsible with them and hasn't destroyed either one. If I could afford one I would get him a tablet of some sort.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• My almost 6 year old has a tablet, but that's just because I had gotten a cheap one for myself and decided to upgrade down the road and my sister (16) didn't want the old one.

But there's a lot he does on it - there are MANY apps geared for kids. He's got tons of educational ones.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• My kids have iPads lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• My 7 year old DS could handle it.... no problem. Depends on your kid!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Depends on the child my kids have a shared I-pad that they can do educational stuff on.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• My grandson is 8 and has an iPad
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• I suppose it depends on the child and the why.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Jeezus. One of you should adopt me. I would say no. Leappad has a tablet for kids.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2013