8-photos-you-didn-t-see-from-obama-s-trip-to-south-africa

For those who are morally outraged at Obama for taking a selfie, or at Bush for posing with Bono, please go view all of these pictures and explain why.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:01 AM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Seriously when will people stop being the puppets at the end of the medias strings? Doesn't anyone have an original thought anymore, or is it always "react react react"?!
    Maybe if we all stopped, thought about things for a minute and did our own research, the media wouldn't own our thoughts for us. Or maybe people like it that way.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• although selfie was not the best of social graces
    the day was more of a celebration of the man's like than a funeral (IMO)

i am not a selfie gal, but to each his/her own
    i did not think it was a big deal
    it was not when they were at a sober moment- again it was a celebration

i mean he was 95
    when someone does at 95 AND has a life as full and accomplished as his- celebration of his life- then selfie not such a moral taboo (imo)
    -------------------
    liked the candid photos, would love to see more
    people captured in a few brief moments of world history

but sadly the selfie with Michelle's look- SELLS
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• How does that old saying going ... believe only half of what you see and none of what you read.

That applies to the media now even more than ever with the ability to manipulate pictures with a single keystroke. I watch the news and I read it online and try to figure out the truth by comparing the two.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• The corporate media makes billions of years manipulating people and creating false outrage. And yet people eat these turds right from their hands. People can spend all day playing games on their smart phones and tablets but can't bother to google things. Instead they let the MSM feed them.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• In my opinion, the 24 hour news cycle signaled the demise of any credibility within the media. It became a machine and if there isn't enough to report, they just started manufacturing non news and marketing it as earth shattering. I completely agree with the pp's in that we are the laziest ass society when it comes to gathering and accurately digesting the information we get.

On the flip side, it honestly seems like some people thrive on hyperbole and false outrage. Look at how quickly incorrect information springs up on FB and other social media sites.

Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 9:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Explain why - what?

This administration is very closed to photographers and uses photographs taken by the WH Photographer instead of allowing press photographers at events. I think they determine how they want the story to go by how they allow things to be seen. I don't think Bush has anything to do with this, so I don't know why anyone would care about that at all.

For an administration that is all about optics, the stories are as they are directed to be. I've never been a fan of Obama's. His selfie didn't change anything for me.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Not outraged at all, but remember that anything Obama does is is critized to the hilt....people that dislike him are always looking for the worst in him...

Answer by older at 10:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• All presidents are criticized to the hilt. It comes with the job.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Those pictures do not bother me but when you're at a funeral and you're our President, representing our Country, then selfies, giggling, flirting and making it all about you does piss me off!
    What he does on Air Force One, within reason of course, is not important to me.
    I guess I'm just old school, but I still stand on the fact that he made an ass out of himself and represented the U.S. horribly!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• People are people. Whether we're talking about political figures or celebrities, we tend to forget that they are only human. I don't like Obama for many reasons, and selfies seem so teeny bopper maturity level to me, but who knows what I would do in that situation. I spend a whole lot of time every day acting like an idiot.

And those pictures are really neat. I like how they make everybody look so 'normal', just like any normal group of adults hanging out.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2013