Does your neighborhood. . .

have a very good Christmas light display? My does not.

zboys

Asked by zboys at 7:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Holidays

• Not really. Some houses do some nice stuff, but most of them pretty much ignore it. There's one house that went all out, but somehow, they managed to make their stuff look really creepy. lol Santa looks all sneaky and like a pedophile or something, the way they did it. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Yeh, I don't care for those creepy ones.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 7:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Yes. Many people in my neighborhood decorate their houses very nicely. I am not one of them. I can't bear to spend the $$$ for the decorations and the electricity. Plus it was never part of either my or my husband's childhood traditions, so we have never put any thought into doing the outside of the house. Anyway, the kids and I will take a drive through the neighborhood a couple days before Christmas so that they can see the lights. That is a family tradition.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• nope. I mean some houses are nice but nothing THAT special and my street is pretty blah
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• 1/4 of houses on block put out some lights
    nothing that draws crowds of people driving by
    but neighborhood, has fair share- enough for daughter - six to enjoy
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Fiatpax, do you guys ever go walking at night to look at your neighborhood lights?
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 7:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• This neighborhood barely decorates. I think two have lights up ... haven't driven through to look. The neighborhood behind ours, on the other hand IS lit up and one guy has a snow maker. Seriously.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Nope. Just the moron across the street that decorates his yard in those giant blow up decorations that usually end up blowing into the street in high winds,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Spirited Witch and butterflyblue, LOL
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Around here about 75% of the neighbors decorate. We have Icicle lights on th house, animated reindeer with lights, a tree on either side of our front door with lights & a door wreath.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2013