What do you think of childless couples who refer to their pets as their kids?

and they're not kidding?
My friend has a dog and 2 cats. When I laughed at her calling them her kids,she said pets are alot of responsibility too. So when was the last time you left a bowl of food and water out for your kids,and opened the backdoor so they could go poop in the backyard? :)

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

• That is my sister. She has like 4 dogs and 3 cats in a very small house. They may be some responsibilty, but I agree. There is no comparison....
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• It isn't as easy as you make it sound...there are emotions attached to these responsibilities and although they lack in comparison to a child in the mind of the pet owner who does not have children it is it's equivalent.....There is nothing wrong with placing your nurturing with animals when children are not feasable....

Answer by older at 8:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• well, they are kind of like kids. Which is why I don't want to have them anymore.
    I keep telling my daughter that she doesn't need kids, her dogs are like having them anyway ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I call my animals my furkids. What the holy fuck is wrong with it???
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I call my dog my fur baby. Because he's spoiled and furry and I just lovvvveeeee him.

My friend was in a car accident that killed her baby and she's never going to be able to have kids, she has the cutest dog ever and refers o it as her baby. Why is it wrong and why do you care?
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• A truly responsible pet owner would understand the comparison. My cats are my fur babies that require love, attention, me to feed them, me to take the to the vet, me too know when something is wrong even though they cant talk to me.
    Im sorry you dont understand or have a tender enough heart to see that:( thats sad to me.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• * due to the fact that they need a lot of attention, they are work, you have to clean up after them and worry about what they are eating...*her little one eats whatever is on the floor- I have to make sure the house has been mopped and vaccumed before she comes over with them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• You laughed at your friend? A great friend you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Where's the harm in it? We all need somebody to love ...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I have never formed an opinion on that. I do sometimes joke when the kids are being stressful that we should just let them outside for a bit.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:38 AM on Dec. 12, 2013