Do you give your child a gift at the end of a performance like a Christmas Concert or play?

My 6 year old is in a Christmas performance tomorrow night and I am just wondering if I should have a small gift for him to give when it is over.... I was thinking a little stuffed animal maybe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2013 in General Parenting

• No, why should I?

Answer by louise2 at 9:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I never did. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it but I, personally, wouldn't have set that precendent
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 9:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• no, i don't. i could see maybe a small bouquet of flowers though if they had the lead role or solo, but if it's just a class group performance i dont think a gift is necessary.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• No. The performance is, in a way, his gift to you.

But the answer is no.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• no, gift
    yes, a hug and praise
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I guess I thought actors get flowers at the end of their performance right? I just don't want to be the only parent without anything and I don't think he would care much for flowers.... Or maybe flowers are okay?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• you could take him out for a happy meal or an ice cream cone after, if this is something you want to do and are looking for other ideas besides flowers.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I was going to say go out for ice cream after the show too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Ice cream is a great idea! Thanks! I think we will do that!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• My family growing up always went out to ice cream after a performance. It was a big deal as we were pretty poor. We do the same for our kids now.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2013