I am confused, someone please help

I went for an ultrasound two weeks ago and the ultravirginal thing found my baby's heartbeat but when I went to another one, different place yesterday, it could not find it. I figure out that the lady that did it did not insert the things more than I just put it in myself. They told me to call my doc that I just miscarry. I got home and did my preg. test thing and it is still positive, I have no pain or bleeding but I feel down in my spirit. Has anyone been in this situation, the pregnancy is 8weeks and 4days old. Should I be worried?

Jummy110

Asked by Jummy110 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Honestly, you probably miscarried and your body didn't let you know about it. I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant with one baby, when I started out with three. I only found out that the other two were gone because I went to the hospital for gallstones and two babies didn't have heartbeats in the ER even though last time I has seen my OB they were just find and moving around and active and healthy. But when they measured them, they had stopped growing two weeks prior to the ER visit and my body just didn't get rid of them and I wasn't bleeding or cramping and nothing else had changed. In fact, they only JUST reabsorbed, and the fetal demise happened at 11 weeks. Up until this week all three were still visible, and now it's just one healthy girl. It's harsh, but your body doesn't always tell you when it has a problem. :/
    ElsaH

Answer by ElsaH at 2:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• HcG will leave the body with time. You would still test positive even if you miscarried.

Call your OB and schedule an appointment to be seen. They can test your HcG and then have you test again in a few days and if the number is going down then that would indicate that you miscarried.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2013

• " By the way next time use proper English and complete sentences, you sound too immature for any baby. "

Not everyone that posts here speaks English as their first language. This is an international site
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 12:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Why did you go to 2 different places for a sonogram, sometimes a baby's heartbeat can't be detected, if you went to one of those fly by night places in a strip mall, you can't count on them for anything, CALL your doctor, I doubt that anything is wrong, but your doctor will be able to tell you.
    A vaginal sonogram is much more reliable than one done on the outside of your body at this stage.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Call your doc and ask them to test your levels then go back in a few days to have your blood drawn again. When my sister miscarried she had to have her levels checked a total of three times ... Good luck hope everything's ok
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• If there was a heartbeat but now it's gone it's what we call a missed miscarriage since you didn't fully miscarry yet. When I had mine I got a second opinion for confirmation and sure enough the baby had died. By the way next time use proper English and complete sentences, you sound too immature for any baby.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 12:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Wow cewarsop that is a harsh answer. She just had a miscarriage and that's what you say? Where's the down vote button?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• HCG is made by the placenta. If it is still intact you will still test positive until the placenta is expelled from your body. I lost my baby around six weeks and didn't know until I was ten weeks. So yeah you haven't completely miscarried yet, but sounds like the baby stopped growing and died. Confirm with your doctor of course to be absolutely sure and then discuss you options.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2013