If you live where it snows. . .

do you make paper snowflakes or is that just something we desert dwellers do?

zboys

Asked by zboys at 6:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Holidays

• I'm in Canada, and we definitely grew up making paper snowflakes! I'm going to tackle Doctor Who ones one of these days... and Star Wars ones.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I'm not an artsy-craftsy person, but they do that at the schools for the elementary kids sometimes. I guess the piles of the crappy white stuff we have to drive in & shovel isn't enough! lol ;p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Not since I was in elementary school

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Not since we were kids.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Yeah not since I was a kid...though I'm sure my son would like too. Perhaps we will...but I don't have much paper...and we don't use coffee filters anymore lol

I still live where we get snow(though no snow yet and hopefully not for a while....**fingers crossed** but I grew up in Montana where I've seen it snow 2 ft in a single night way too many times.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• We get tons of snow here.....too much if you ask me. But people still do make the paper snowflakes. I have a co-worker that does when she is bored. I do like looking at those a lot better than looking at the real stuff.

If you would like to take some of the snow I have, you are more than welcome to. :-)

My grandparents grew up in my area and then moved to a warmer state. Every winter I would ask my grandma if she missed the snow. She never did. Sadly, I can't ask her that anymore. But I doubt she misses the snow now that she is in heaven.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• NP, those are awesome!! I'm making some
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I live in Indiana and I have made paper snowflakes but not since I was a child
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Adansmama--thanks!

Mrs. Mom--lol

Tempsing--lol. Your grandma has a better view now where she can stay warm.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2013