What in the world do I price this at?

So I'm selling some things for my mom because she has entirely too much stuff. As she is handing me this stuff, I have to wonder where she got it and why she still has it. Anyway, some things are easy to price and others I just absolutely have no clue.

For example a H2go insulated water bottle or an electric pencil sharpener.

Anyone have a secret to pricing this stuff?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 7:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Money & Work

• Ebay? But those items used are probably only going to fetch a few bucks. I didn't find any of the water bottles on ebay that have actually sold and were used.

Now new would be different.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Are you having a yard sale or selling them on Ebay?
    If you're on Ebay maybe just start everything at 99 cents (make sure you calculate shipping) and see where the bids take it!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Google , an electric pencil sharpener from the 50's is going to be worth way more than one from the dollar store, know it is hard but unless it is clothing and such, you need to research any kind of thing that might be worth value.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• "Make Offer"
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I'd check out ebay, what the Sellers are selling items for is usually right on.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• It's basically a yard sale. It's the newest craze that I can't believe I've gotten hooked on. It's groups on facebook that you can post things on to sell. I would love to just write "Make offer" but the rules don't allow that as you have to have a starting price.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• $1 each. I love those fb groups!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Use advanced search on ebay and click on "sold listings" to see what things have sold for.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 10:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Definitely agree with the other posters who've suggested Ebay. Look for similar items - if any are still in packages you can actually scan the barcode with the Ebay app - and see what other people are pricing at.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2013