Act of kindness

http://mysandyhookfamily.org/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• Sure you can do nice things because it's nice/you want to, or help others because you think it's the right thing to do. I see no problem with promoting kindness & compassion because if truly applied in a very general way in our culture/world, it could make a difference in how people (all kinds of people) feel, which influences how they behave. I am not terribly moved by these kinds of images but I do support the response of treating people better because that sort of mindfulness & response is only positive.
    Too bad it's not just a matter of "deciding," most times. (Lots of people have good intentions and still manage to wound vulnerable people.)

Dardenella, posting here probably was not considered to be the act of kindness, but rather spreading the word about acts of kindness, I am guessing. lol
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Why do acts of kindness have to be attributed to a tragedy? Why can't people just do nice things because it's nice? Or help others because it's the right thing to do?

Anonymous

• Posting on a web site, to me is not an act of kindness.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2013