What could she want?

The father of my children and I haven't been together for a little over 3 years, and his mother always seemed to hate me. She expressed to him how much she didn't approve of me, and told him I would just ruin his life. Out of the blue, she seems to really want to work her way back into my life for some reason.... She requested to be my FB friend, which I still haven't decided if I will accept or not, because of our past. She also has started 'liking' my statuses, 'though most of them are about my kids. She commented on one I made about my sciatica today. It doesn't actually bother me, but after forever of just a few words exchanged a year, it is making me paranoid. It kind of makes me wonder why she has suddenly taken an interest...

Squeekerz

Asked by Squeekerz at 8:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• BLOCK.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• you need to change your settings

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I don't want to react that strongly out of my own feelings of suspicion though. I don't want to cause unneeded stress between the kids' father and I. He and I are fairly friendly now, but I do still feel wary.
    Squeekerz

Comment by Squeekerz (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• How is she liking and commenting if you haven't accepted her request???
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Maybe she is hoping to see pictures of your kids on there? If you are really curious, maybe ask her why she wants to friend you on FB. If she says something about the kids, then maybe tell her you will forward pictures of your kids to your ex and he can send them to her.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• She can see my statuses and such because she's a friend of friend on facebook, and I leave a lot of things public, since it is no big deal for random people to read about how happy my kids are, or how much food I made for Thanksgiving.

I know I'm overly paranoid, but when people just pop up out of nowhere trying to be friendly after no contact for years, it strikes me as odd. She has my cell phone number and I never keep the kids from their father, so I guess I'm just curious. As I said before, I'm not actually upset about it or I'd set everything to completely private. I just am wary
    Squeekerz

Comment by Squeekerz (original poster) at 2:23 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Maybe she's had a change of heart and wants to see her grandchildren. So friend her. If she starts bad mouthing again, unfriend block and update your statuses. Proceed with caution because of the past, but give her a second chance. If she's already had a second chance decline her friend status and block.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Change your settings. Post NEXT TO NOTHING on Facebook. It's possible she merely wants to see her grandchildren's pictures, it's possible she and her son are looking for evidence you're unfit. So keep your stuff extremely private and ONLY post the "big stuff" on Facebook. You'll be amazed at how much time that frees up in your life.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• You need to change your settings so that people who aren't your friends can't see, like, or comment on anything you post. IF you decide to add her, facebook should give you the option to add her as a restricted friend - meaning she can't see anything you post, but you've still accepted her friendship. You hold the power here. She might not WANT anything... she might just want to mend broken bridges. Step tentatively and think long and hard.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• You need to change it so that all your pictures and statuses can only be seen by your friends. Its more than just about her.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2013