Update on my chicken pox

I went to the ER on my 5th day of pox due to my symptoms at that point. My neck was really swollen my temperature was 104.8 nausea, weakness,
They ran a couple tests and nothing more than just chicken pox. The dr said my temp is normal for my age.
Luckily, they gave me 4 prescriptions to help it and speed it up.

I can go back to work when theyre all scabbed. I have it so severly though that i dont even look at myself in the mirror. Im so nervous that people are going to make fun of me and how i look when i get back to work :(

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Health

• That's pretty much what happened to me. We actually post-poned our wedding so my chicken pox could completely heal. although the worst part for me wasn't the sores, but the fever. No one made fun of me when I went back to work though.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I think childhood diseases are MUCH worse for adults. My Son got Fifth's Disease (Parvovirus in adults) at a pool party over the summer. He only got red cheeks for a few days & no other symptoms. My Little one got it from him but worse. She was covered in a rash from head to toe & a runny nose. Then I got it so bad that I went to the Dr. because besides the rash all over, the daily pain was excruciating. But there is nothing they could give me for it except I had to do blood work twice because in adults it causes severe anemia sometimes requiring blood transfusions. Evey morning when I woke up I had severe pain in another joint. The pain lasted about 2 months & every now & then it flares up to the point where my wrist will swell & I can't bend it. So it is better to get this all when your little. Now with the vaccine for chicken pox, you can still get it but not so severe a case like yours.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Ive already received the vaccine for chicken pox and still got it severely.

Ohwrite, i have it so so SO bad!! Worst part is what is on my face and my neck.

Im hoping maybe i can taje another.day or 2 off. So theyre at least gone on my face...

MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• You poor thing.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:37 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• How old were you when you got the vaccine?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2013