My husband is drunk and at work.

Yes, his work knows that he is drunk. They even paid for the alcohol. He works for our sheriff's office and they are paying him to get drunk so that they can study how much alcohol it takes for a person to not be able to pass the sobriety tests. He did this last night as well and he came home so drunk last night it was funny. (His friend drove him home). I can't wait to see what tonight entails!

To make this a question, has your or your SO's work paid you to do something "fun" that was outside the normal work routine?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My husbands boss paid for their strip club trip, it was a blast ( yeh, I went )
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• that.is.AWESOME!!

DH got paid to participate in a NAMI walk a few years ago, so long as he took several of their clients with him. it was a blast b/c his clients are so friendly and welcoming.

when i worked for the city govt i got paid to do all sorts of fun things: body language interpretation class, trip to the fire station, kite flying with low income kids, and all sorts of govt holiday related events. too bad the job was HORRIBLE cause the perks were great.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• haha, that's funny. but no, DH has never had anything like that happen at work.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Nope, but my work shenanigns are legendary.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I've gotten paid to read a few great books over the years, but nothing as fun as getting a buzz on!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I get paid to sing and play instruments all day, does that count?
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I get paid to hang out backstage at concerts (when we have them). Granted I still have "work" to do there but it's still fun to say!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Nope, never. But one of our local radio stations used to do something like this every year at Christmas. They'd have a couple of cops come in, the DJs would get absolutely sh*tface drunk, and the cops would give them sobriety tests (breathalyzer and others) so that listeners could not only hear how silly and stupid you can sound when drunk (including doing stuff like hitting the wrong buttons and walking into walls), but also hear the cops explain just how drunk they were. It was really great, I liked letting my kids listen to it so that we could laugh at the DJs but also talk about how even though it sounded funny, it could be really dangerous because the cop said their BAL was ______. But now they've got some other DJ that's an absolute ass and I hate him, so we don't listen anymore.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:01 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Not that I can think of, but he gets asked to build props and things like that all the time. He's an Ag teacher.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• No but part of my Dad's job at Coors was to taste beer off of the can lines.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 8:22 AM on Dec. 13, 2013