If cps takes a child from the mother in north carolina could she go to another state and give birth to a new born child and be able to keep that baby?

cps took my kids from me in the state of north carolina and i really want a chance to be a mother.and im pregnant right now.and i just need some answers about if i go to another state and give birth to this baby would cps take it from me?

spongebob1991

Asked by spongebob1991 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Depends. Why did they take your other kids?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• What did you do to get your kids taken away in the first place? No offense, but I just hate to think of another child having to live in a bad situation because of selfish adults.

Not long ago here there were four children taken out of a very horrible situation. Worst part of it was that several years ago that same mother had three other children taken away from the very same horrible conditions. I'm sorry, but some people don't deserve a chance to be a parent.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• i'm sure CPS knows you're pregnant and is tracking you. If you apply for any welfare service in a new state,they'll check you out and see the removal.
    Anonymous

• they took my first child at the hospital i didnt get to take her home with me.and the father was beatin me pregnant.so they wouldnt let me take her home with him.so i told them me and my daughter will stay with mymom.and they wouldnt allow that.so they placed her with a licend foster parent.my mom stop supporting me and everything.so i was really lost and confused and dont know what to do at this point.i want to keep this baby.but im so scared to have this baby in the same state that they took my first daughter.what do u think?do u think i i go to another state to have this child do u think that cps would ge involved?as long as provide a roof over his or her head and food for us to eat?right?
    spongebob1991

Comment by spongebob1991 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Are you still with the same guy that beat you or are you with a guy that beats you?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• How long ago did cps take your first daughter? Did you contest the issues at all? Removal takes an actual investigation, usually. They typically try to keep the family in tact, give the parents opportunities to improve (at least from what I saw with my BIL's ex). I also know that in my BIL's ex's case the child WAS allowed to stay with willing family (and this was in NC). Are you still with the father?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• If you are not in an abusive relationship then no I don't think they would even take the child even if you are in NC. Have you attempted to get the first child back?

I'm not an expert as far as CPS..I did deal with CPS for a similar problem but I never lost custody of my child. I did volunteer to have him stay with my mother for a while, and then that situation fell apart(long story) and I moved in with my now husband...CPS knew all of this and while I had home checks with them and check ups they never attempted to take my son(who was about 1 yr old at the end of it all(CPS involved for about 9 mths). They asked me what I needed in terms of therapy and I told them and they paid for it then closed the case while I was still completing that therapy. But I also Broke up with that guy(obviously).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• ur right i totally agree that some people dont deserve to have their kids.but i didnt have any chance to show anyone how good of a mom i can be.i just need answers.bc i have a cousin that has been through hell and cps took her child away from her were i live.and than she moved away got married and has 2 other kids.and they r well takein care of.
    spongebob1991

Comment by spongebob1991 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• no i left the father alone when they told me i was pregnant with this baby.i had my own apartment for 7 months straight and they didnt give me extra time with my daughter or anything.i dont understand it.i try not to think about cps takin this child from me bc when i do i start cryin.i have no support system.my mom dont evan help me get custody or anything.and about that welfare stuff.i was goin to keep everything in tha state of nc as far as foodstamps and wic.bc i didnt know if they could try and locate me and take this baby from me.
    spongebob1991

Comment by spongebob1991 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• and no i am not in no type of relationship.i dont need to be in a relationship while im goin through something like this.single is tha best thing for me and my child.because of the first pregnancy made me feel like this.
    spongebob1991

Comment by spongebob1991 (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2013