If you buy jewelry for yourself..

For those of you who buy jewelry (I know some of you don’t, if you don’t.. thats fine.. you don’t need to comment "I dont buy jewelry", lol).
How much do you generally spend? How often do you buy it?
What about other accessories like purses, hair accessories, and so on... do you buy things like that seasonally?
Have you changed your spending habits since the economy went into the tank?

I'm trying to do some "market research" and you ladies are my market. Thanks for your answers!

LuminousMom

Asked by LuminousMom at 12:24 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'll answer my own Q to get it started... I generally wont spend more than $10.00 on any piece of jewelry unless its VERY special or its a gift. I buy jewelry and accessories as gifts for people, but for myself I only buy things like that if I find something very original and cool, or something I know I can wear again and again (like pearls). I buy hair accessories alot, however.... because just a simple headband can totally change up your outfits. My spending habits haven't changed dramatically, because I was never a big spender before.. but I have noticed other people's have.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 12:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• CATO is my all time favorite store! Great items on clearance all the time. Earrings, purses, shoes, bracelets, etc... Clearance always Calls me! No haven't changed alot of habits, other than the norm...stop eating out. Too busy and don't make time to cook.
    Spend about: really depends...under $30. How often? prehaps every 2 months or so. Seasonl buying yes! Love purses and earrings mostly! Hope this helps ya!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I like to make my own jewelry - sometimes inexpensive, sometimes sterling or gold - I can buy all the parts at the craft store and make what I like. It's more likely to be something to match an outfit or a particular color than for the season.
    While we aren't personally having any financial issues right now, prudence dictates a tightening of the belt to protect against factors we have no control over, such as the price of necessities, which are likely to increase sharply if we go into the expected inflationary period that is looming. soooo I haven't bought pieces recently because of that.
    I also sell some of my work, and I haven't even bothered making anything to sell bc I know most smart people are doing the same thing we are.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i love avon jewerly its affordable and its made to be durablewww.youravon.com/mbeyor i usually buy from the mark catalog they usually have different pieces you can mix and match :)
    mjbeyor

Answer by mjbeyor at 12:46 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• teri- people are still buying, just not as often. Soem of the stores that host my stuff have seen no drop.. some have seen small ones or big ones.. depends on the areas. In Washington, for example.. Instead of selling 20-30 pieces a month, I'm down to 10-15.. but thats still better than nothing. Dont give up on selling your work!
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 10:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I buy costume jewelry all the time. I dont think it's a big deal to spend $20-30 on some earrings or a necklace. Plus your outfit has to have some accessories or you just dont look put together. When I buy big ticket items I hold out for the good stuff. I dont like to see women with 10 rings on their fingers and they are all cheap. I think it's better to have one nice piece. I've got my TAG watch and I love it. It's got diamonds on it. It was $3000 but I'll never need another.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• We have a store here and every peice of jewerly is a dollar and it is awesome.. Everygirl in town shops there... It doesnt look cheap eather... An they have a purse wall were everything on it is ten bucks.... I get cosmo to see what the lastest style is... I change my purse to match my outfit most of the time... During the week for work i have one just for that cause were i work is so dirty...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I occasionally buy costume jewelry, but mostly not. Over the years, I have built up a jewelry collection of all real jewelry. I have a diamond tennis bracelet and diamond cross necklace that I only wear on special occasions and regularly, I just wear my watch (gucci) and my wedding/engagement rings and a ring my mother gave me, and a ring that was my grandmothers. I used to go to the jewelry stores and look for pieces I liked and I would put it on lay away and so now I have a nice collection of rings, bracelets and necklaces. I had a Movado that my ex bought me worth $3000 and it FELL OFF my wrist while I was out and I didn't notice until I got home . .. that hurt!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I buy whatever strikes me at the time, it does not matter the cost. I probably buy 5 or more pieces a month!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:43 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I love jewelry. Whenever I want to treat myself to something nice, I love to buy a nice piece of jewelry. I do not wait around for my husband to buy jewelry for me. I have been very fond of wearing new attractive pieces, so I always do an online search to find good online store to buy such pieces.

Recently I bought a sterling silver script name necklace from Monogramonline shop at $70.00 only. This necklace is unique and very attractive, since it is engraved with my name. Well, I also buy other accessories regularly, since shopping has been my habit and I do not like to wait for someone to get my choice of stuff for me.
    rolandocolon

Answer by rolandocolon at 3:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2013