UPDATE! Crafty... I NEED you! UPDATE!

This is an update to my previous question.

So the pain was not bad enough for him to go to the doctor. He worked the rest of the week as scheduled. He was off for the weekend and each day it was feeling better. It was brusing terribly and I was worried about that. This is the pic from Sunday (he hurt it wednesday)...

So he went back to work on Tuesday and worked his normal 12 hour shift driving. In the middle of the day the leg started to hurt pretty bad, as bad as the first day he injured it. When he called his boss to tell them, they started a workmans comp claim for him and he filled out the paperwork when he got back to the shop. He went to the doctor today and the doc said that he has cellutis in the leg and a moving hematoma. When he wondered how he got the infection because he didn't get any kind of cut, the doc said that sometimes with a hard hit like that the bacteria can enter through the pores. He is on a strong antibiotic now and also needs a compression sock for his leg. He is off work tomorrow and hopefully it will be better by next week when he has to go back to work.

This is the pic from today.

The line is one the doctor drew on to show where the infection is.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 10:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Health

• Ohhh man that's some bad luck!! I've seen that happen, but not that often. Never heard the term moving hematoma though ;o(
    Now that it's cellulitis doc said heat right?? It's the only time you'd use heat on this... but only if the doc said so.
    Absolutely needs to take it easy and not go back until the doc says so!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• The bruising pattern is normal... the blood from the hemotoma has to go somewhere, so it goes where gravity takes it.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Yes! The doc said heat. But he said wet heat... what does that even mean? He has a sock full of dry rice that has been heated in the microwave. He is a stubborn mule and doesn't want to sit in a hot bath.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Cellulitus is nasty. Poor guy :(

I've never heard the term moving hematoma before either except when people describe how the bruise is moving and that would support Crafty's comment about the hematoma going where gravity takes it.

Anyway, just wanted to poke my nose in and see the pictures. I hope all is well soon and he takes it easy
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 11:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Use a damp towel and heat that in the microwave... that should do it!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• I have seen that pattern on almost every sprained ankle & lower leg contusion I've treated... had it a few times myself. The pretty colors look much worse that it really is.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• That looks as bad as DH's was in that bad wreck and he has diabetes. I am so glad he went to have it checked and I hope he is right as rain soon.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• Oh wow SB! That looks painful as hell. :(
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Hope he gets better soon--ouch.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• WOW SB. Hope he feels better soon.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2013