Advice please ladies dont poke fun

I took a pregnancy test this morning. It was negative. But when i came home and saw it in the bathroom trash, I picked it up and it was positive. And it was clearly BLUE.. not gray or light colored..it was blue. But it had been in the trash all day long..so it had been hours after the recommended time to read the test....
That test was my first morning pee... I plan to take another test tmrw morning because all the test ive taken this evening were negative.
So my question is, could a false positive be blue?? I thought it would be a very light gray color if it were a false positive....
anyone else experience this?? I am not going to be able to sleep till I get some kind of answer on this. :-/ I know I wont really know until I test again tmrw morning but had anyone had a false positive like this? Or when its blue....no matter how long its been.. its a positive pregnancy test?

Mommy103110

Asked by Mommy103110 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It is not any kind of positive. It is past the time to read the test, so it is invalid. Don't consider it a positive test in any way.

Take a new test tomorrow and make sure to read it within the recommended time.

Good luck.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• It's probably the evap line.

Good luck tomorrow
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• No the test was exposed to who knows what in the trash and air and way past time to read. This is not any anything test. It was negative when you were supposed to read it. If you want to pee on a stick again why not wait several days.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• ^^^ Yup... what they said!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• If it wasn't positive at 3 minutes, it's not positive.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2013

• The tests are no good after three minutes. They'll sometimes turn false positive after they sit in the trash awhile and have the urine stay on them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:54 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Evaporation line. Tests are invalid when read after the time frame the manufacturer had specified in the directions. If you doubt the validity of a test, go to your doctor's office and have them do a blood test.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:12 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• ONLY read a test in the proper window. Once the window has passed, BURN the thing so you're not tempted to fish it out of the trash!

Answer by gdiamante at 9:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• If it was hours and hours later then it's not a positive. It even tells you before pissing on it not to look after the te frame and tells you that it wouldn't be a positive.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 6:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2013