Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow, Just WOW!

So the ex who has repeatedly proven himself to be financially irresponsible, morally bankrupt, untrustworthy, and who chronically  drops the ball on his financial responsibilities, is now telling me that I have to allow him access to my son's bank account so he can "make sure" I am paying my portion of the agreed upon support. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! There is no freaking way I am going to allow him access to my son's bank account. I asked my bank how I can meet his demands, and give him the least amount of information possible.  Turns out I will need to print out the statement each month, black out all the information he has no business looking at, and then fax or mail it to the ex. YIPPY! I can't WAIT to do this every month for the next 3 years.  I have been trying to think of ways to drive him as crazy as he is driving me. One thought I had was to mail him the statement copy everyday. It would cost me about $15 in stamps each month , but  it might be worth it. What would you do?


Asked by musicmaker at 1:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2013 in Relationships

Level 28 (34,183 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • Did a judge tell you that you have to do this? If not, I'd tell him that as soon as you hear a judge tell you or read it in a court order, you'll be happy to comply, but until then, he can kiss your ass. And if he DOES then take you to court, if it were me, I'd be really petty and ask the judge that the ex be ordered to reimburse me any and all fees incurred by complying (stamps, copy fees, etc.) - and then I'd make sure to go to a copy shop and pay for the copies rather than using my all in one printer to do it. But then, my ex owes $27K, has 3 warrants for his arrest for failure to pay and failure to show up in court, so I tend to be a real bitch when it comes to these things. lol

    Answer by wendythewriter at 7:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

  • I'd tell him to go thru the courts to request the copy

    Answer by Crafty26 at 6:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

  • I would ask a lawyer if I had to do this. I certainly would not take his word on it.

    Answer by NannyB. at 7:01 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

  • You do NOTHING without a court order. NOTHING.

    And make sure your attorney has thorough documentation of his financial issues so no judge will EVER allow him rights to the bank account.

    Answer by gdiamante at 10:47 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

  • I would text a screenshot? What a weirdo.

    Answer by staciandababy at 1:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

  • He said you have to. Not a Judge? I would not do it unless a Judge said I had to.

    Answer by louise2 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

  • If it's not court-requested, don't bother. If he's got a problem with it, tell him to take the issue to court. By the sounds of him, he probably won't.

    Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

  • Unless and until you have court papers signed by a judge in front of you, I would not meet his demands.

    Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

  • Those are just demands and from a lawyer, unless it's a judge then don't. You should go talk to a lawyer as well.

    Answer by CEWarsop at 12:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2013

  • Yikes sounds a bit too personally I wouldn't send him shit. If he bothers you for them, keep saying no until judge insists.

    Answer by sunnysideup89 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2013