Have you ever had your teeth professionally whitened?

Were you happy with the results?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Can't afford to have that done, but I use the Crest White Strips & have been happy w/ those.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I have not, but a friend did and was really pleased.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Nope.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Not by ZOOM by but I have a tooth tray that I had molded to my teeth and I use it with bleach. the dentist did it. Yes, I am happy with it. But to be honest, the Crest strips work as well. Problem with both is that the strips and the tooth tray don't get the very TOPS of the teeth that well. And they don't, because if you leave the strip on the gums, it burns and can hurt, leaving the gum white!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I have some strips but never find the half hour to do it. There are dental places around here that offer it for 99 dollars.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I've used Crest White Strips and they work good. But, kinda uncomfortable.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 4:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• ^^Staci, I apply them when I'm in the shower & getting ready for work in the am. That's the only time I get to do them.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• No I have not. I would like to have the experience though if I need it.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• I have, it didn't leave my teeth as white as I'd liked them to have been though. I felt like I wasted my money. What has worked absolute wonders for me for years is using a mix of toothpaste, water, and hydrogen peroxide, I noticed a difference after the first use and you can use it daily since it's safe and there no chemicals like what you find in over the counter whiteners or at the dentists.
    Marinela3

Answer by Marinela3 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2014

• Had it done twice ... was disappointed twice. It might be good if you have stained teeth (mine weren't stained but I just wanted to brighten them up a bit). Keep in mind that as you age, the enamel on your teeth wears a bit and the yellowing you see is actually the dentin peeking through the worn down enamel; whitening treatments will do nothing. Dentists will not tell you this.

You can remineralize your teeth by avoiding grains, getting enough absorbable calcium from homemade bone broths, raw dairy products, and plenty of Vitamin D. Furthermore, you should avoid fluoride and glycerin in toothpastes (I actually make my own - fluoride is a toxin and glycerin coats the teeth so they can't properly remineralize). Oil pulling works great on whitening teeth and restoring overall health as well. Read "Cure Tooth Decay" by Ramiel Nagel, and research the work done by Weston Price ... both real eye openers.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2014