What will help me not scar?!

I have chicken pox severely and based on how many i have,,,probably well into the 1000's...im sure im going to have some scars.

I have a lot on my face and im swollen and my face is very tight.from it.

I know neosporin will help with scarring but for this many and on my face??

Any thoughts?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2013 in Health

• What makes you scar most is scratching ... so don't scratch. You might find that calamine lotion gives you some relief.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:09 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Don't scratch! That leads to breaking the skin which turns to scabs and/or infection and that's what leaves scars. So be extra careful to not scratch especially on your face.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Are you taking antihistamines, either orally or topically?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Go to the doctor esp if it on your face!!! It can spread into your throat!!! They will prescribe you something I'm sure also do some oatmeal baths!!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:20 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• What did your doctor say about it? Don't scratch, but other than that I don't know what to tell you. I had chicken pox as a kid and I barely remember those two weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Don't pick at it, don't remove scabs & leave it all alone & you won't have scars.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:47 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I had it as a young adult (17). I have scars where my bra rubbed, the waist of my pants, and one on my jaw line that I guess I must have kept scratching. I had them in my mouth and throat too, but that all returned to normal.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Ive already been to thw doctor. Im in Percocet for pain, 2 anti scratching meds, and an anti viral med. Im nit sxratching, i dont even itch with the meds, but i already have such dry sensitive skin and my face is so swollen i feel like i may end up eith scars.

So any ideas on what i can use to prevent scars just kn case?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Chicken pox are more dangerous for an adult than a child. Complications can occur. Call your Dr with all of your concerns.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2013