Does anyone have ideas on how I could naturally induce labor?

I will be 39 weeks with my 3rd blessing tomorrow. when I went to the doctors Wednesday he wanted to schedule me to be induces for today because I have a protruding disk in my spine and the baby is so big that he is pushing on a nerve where the disk is and I started having numbness through my left leg. I talked him into waiting until Dec. 18th so I can do it naturally because I would like to minimize the chances of a C-section.

Is there anything anyone has tried that worked for them? my husband and I have tried sex but doesn't seem to be working :/ and I've been taking Red Raspberry leaves capsules (2700 mg daily/ 2 capsules with each meal)

Jasmommie

Asked by Jasmommie at 6:12 AM on Dec. 13, 2013 in Pregnancy

• There is nothing that works if your body isn't ready, just some coincidences that happen for some people. However, my 3rd was induced and it was by far the best birth experience out of all 5 of my kids!

Answer by missanc at 6:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• The truth of the matter is that nothing will work (not even induction meds) if the baby is not ready to come. Good luck to you!
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 6:34 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• you could meditate, calmly letting little one know to come out and see the world
    visualize on all the wonders of the world
    at least you may enjoy the relaxing time, might even be a bonding time with your little one
    who knows maybe baby will listen and come - then you can tell us all about how meditation worked , write a book, make the best sellers list

fingers crossed she/he listens today
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Nothing works for sure but there are plenty of ways to try if you google them. You don't HAVE to be induced if you don't want to be no matter what your doctor tells you. If you are not comfortable with it and (other then leg numbness) you and babe are otherwise fine you can refuse. Good luck.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Let the doctor do his thing. Or wait for nature to take it's coarse.

Answer by louise2 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Walking a lot up and down stairs helped kick my labor into gear but I was already dialated and having contractions. Good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Nothing will work. Labor is controlled by hormones that are released when conditions are right. Until you figure out how to force your body into releasing the hormone, you won't go into labor until all the conditions have been met. Sometimes inductions fail. You wait it out and listen to your doctor. If he's ready to induce, then you are about ready to labor naturally. But there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. Relax and enjoy the next week.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2013

• With sex, you must do it at least 5 times in a 24 hour period for that to even possibly work. Walking helps some, doesn't others.

Normally I'm not a proponent for "lets hurry up and get it out of there", but in your case, you may need to have the doctor induce. And just FYI, 2 of my VBACs were induced (granted, a week after their due date), and both of them came out just fine ;) Pitocen (or whatever it is) was used in all of my VBACs to hurry up the process.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Meditation
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Baby is not ready. End of story.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2013