Since i got windows 8.1...

Ever since Windows 8.1, whenever I try to access a network it will connect but if I leave the computer idle- like if I go do dishes or walk away for a few min, then it will stop working and give me the "limited connectivity" error. When I run the troubleshooter, I usually get the message "the default gateway is not available" and that makes it work for a few minutes but it does the same thing again. I have tried almost every solution known to the Google searches and nothing has been working. 

Someitmes re-starting will work, sometimes it won't

any ideas?

*I should have known better than to do the 8.1 thing...ugh 

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 12:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2013 in Technology

• We rolled DS back to 8.0 because it screwed up all kinds of security permissions. None of his games would work anymore, he couldn't even connect to our network group to print off my computer anymore without doing everything as admin.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• get rid of it.
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I also rolled back for a variety of reasons but mainly because of security permissions like NP states. Just when I thought they couldn't possibly make their product more cumbersome, they managed it.
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 1:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Ya, I have 8.1 and had I known it would delete my Avast and be a general pain in the ass with no noticeable good changes, I wouldn't have done it. Have you googled the problem? That is how I usually solve my issues. The troubleshooter is useless. Google it and unplug your Comcast and then plug it in again.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I have no clue about your windows problem, but am dying to know about wedding dresses! LOL
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• get rid of it.

HOW?!
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• but am dying to know about wedding dresses! LOL
    *******

what do you want to know?
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2013