Pregnancy after IUD removal and LEEP procedure...

I just found out this morning that I'm pregnant. The first day of my last period was 11/16/2013. I was semi-trying to concieve. In October 2013 I had my IUD removed due to infection from a biopsy. In early November 2013 I had a LEEP procedure and now I find myself pregnant. I have schedule to see my OB January 3rd, 2014. I guess I am just curious as to risk factors and such after IUD removal and LEEP procedure. I must be extremely fertile as I thought it was uncommon to get pregnant this fast. This will be my second child. Any input is appreciated!

Ainsley_Lovorrn

Asked by Ainsley_Lovorrn at 1:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2013 in Pregnancy

• No risks that I'm aware of. I'm sure your doc would have requested to see you sooner if they thought there were.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• "and now I find myself pregnant"

Funny how this happens. Condoms help FYI.

So, what did your physician say about it?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• M-Avi,

I clearly stated that I was "semi-trying to concieve." Meaning, that if it happend it happend and I would be happy. I am very aware of how to prevent pregnancy. Why be rude?
    Ainsley_Lovorrn

Comment by Ainsley_Lovorrn (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I had 2 kids after a LEEP. Not that soon after but I don't remember the dr cautioning me against getting pregnant when I had it done.

Answer by missanc at 2:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• BTW- If you had your LEEP in early November you should not have had any unprotected sex for 2-3 weeks due to a very high risk of infection. Had you listened to the doc you wouldn't be pregnant.
    *HUGS*
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• PartyGalAnne,
    My LEEP was done Friday November 1, 2013. I had my regular period November 16, 2013. I conceived the week after my period I'm assuming. So that would be 3 and a half weeks. I haven't even had my missed period yet. That's scheduled for Monday. I took an at home early pregnancy test and found out I conceived. Thanks.
    Ainsley_Lovorrn

Comment by Ainsley_Lovorrn (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I don't think there's any reason to be concerned right now. ( Not aware of any risks) Take it easy until your appointment just in case. Congrats.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2013