Do you bake much regular stuff?

Meaning breads and rolls rather than cookies or cakes. Tried a new recipe tonight, and I was dubious, but it actually turned out really well:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/40-minute-hamburger-buns

Beats letting them rise for 2 hrs first, too.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2013 in Food & Drink

• No. I am ashamed to say, other than Banana Bread, I have not. It might be something worth trying though.... Thanks!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I bake all my breads but I've never tried this recipe. It turned out well? They look really good
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 8:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Turned out well enough I'm considering making another batch and making it as a loaf. Deal was I make the buns, DH makes the burgers, but while he's out there getting the burgers ready, everyone is standing around eating buttered buns. Don't think we'll have any room left for burgers.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I saw in the comments that one person turned them into dinner rolls. If you turned it into a loaf with no rising do you think it'd get huge in the pan?
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 8:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• These rose pretty well in just the 10 minutes after I shaped them. I think if I let it sit like that it would be ok, maybe let it go a little longer than 10.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Nope- have not had much luck with breads or pie crust, so i don't bother with it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I make a lot of bread. I usually have some sort of ferment going in the fridge to add to my regular recipe. It gives a kind of sour dough flavor without keeping a sour dough starter alive.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• i use to but DH tries to keep things low-carb and i cant get low-carb recipes for breads to work right. my non-sweet baking is pretty much reserved for herb bread and my St Patrick Day soda bread. oh and pizza crust.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• I don't bake bread but would like to try.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• Not really. The only bread is what I use for cabbage pockets and yeah it has to sit and rise for a couple of hours. Any left over dough gets to be made into a cinnamon roll. I do the occasional biscuit or breadsticks, but it's rare.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2013