6 year old daughter temperature between 103-103.7, complaining of the back of her neck hurting. Should I be concerned or maybe just a crook from sleeping in the chair?

She started throwing up at 2:30 this morning. Stopped 6-7 hours ago. She's had some water and electrolyte pop. Has kept down a piece of toast, saltines &. Applesauce. Concerned about pain in back of neck. We go in to see chiropractor & cranial sacral thearipist tomorrow .

Akgirlz

Asked by Akgirlz at 12:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Call her on-call doctor. The neck pain worries me. See what the doc says on the phone.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• Does it hurt her to move her head up and down (so NOT side to side)? If yes, I'd call the on call doc to be sure you can wait out the night (and I feel like you can)....but it would give you peace of mind. Keep pushing fluids.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• Does she have a headache? If so, the neck pain really could be worrisome. It might be meningitis. I'd call her doctor or maybe even go to the ER.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• Chicken pox is going around right now. 4 people i know fot it b so did i.

Starts likw this.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• That is what I was thinking anime! Hope she calls the doctor!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• If Meningitis is going around the school, there is the probability of her having it.

This may help, if anything it could perhaps rule it out or take her in...http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/tc/meningitis-topic-overview

But why take her to a craniosacral therapist? Does she have some type of muscular disorder also? 

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• I would be at the ER yesterday. To make sure this is something that can wait for a specialist.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• I was thinking meningitis too. Call the on call Dr or go to the ER.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 8:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• Call her doctor or take her to urgent care. 103+ is not something to ignore.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:29 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• Coupled with the neck pain and fever I would take her to an urgent care if her doctor is not open. I would call ahead to let them know I am bringing her in.
    Anonymous