Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello im 7 months pregnant and the father left to work miles away from me all i ask is for him to be emotionally supportive since im going thru this alone what should i do he also ignores me and doesn

I have no family or friends supporting me during this pregnancy and the babys father is the only person I can talk to but I have to beg him to talk to me because he never wants to be bothered. When I upset him with my emotions and tell him I feel alone since he's miles away..and he either goes with his friends to the bar or turn his phone off on me or calls me names like bitch slut skank hoe or whore does he love me what should I do??! Please help any advice thank you:)its so hard cuz I'm alone during my pregnancy and scared I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks so its hard to go baby shopping right now even though time is running out money is hard to get right now for me I have had no prenatal care cuz of no money and no insurance any advice if u were in my position and dealing with the father who's in south Dakota and I'm in Nevada should I stay I have no 1 but a baby?!! I do love him but he never has time for me and so far he's only sent 300$ 2 months ago but I had to use it for groceries and medicine and my phone bill he has not sent anymore after that. We've been together for 3 yrs and I had a miss carriage before in 2011 and now that this pregnancy is turning out OK so far hes distant and doesn't want to really talk to me if I show him emotions he says I'm a whiny bitch and hangs up I mean am I wasting my time trying to make our relationship work if he's not meeting me half way he says he loves me but I don't see it or feel it frm him any advice please?! Thank u for ur time:)

Answer Question

Asked by jojoe672 at 3:14 AM on Dec. 14, 2013 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • RUN
    Go home and be a single parent.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

  • Drop the loser like a hot brick. Find peace in your pregnancy. Once the baby is born, file for a DNA test and child support. Then be the best possible mother to your baby.

    Answer by goldpandora at 5:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

  • What they said.^^^ Your hormones are rampaging right now so even small stuff is going to bother you. CLEARLY this man wants nothing to do with you or his child so accept that reality. Keep tabs on him yes, because you will need to file for child support or have him sign over all rights to the child so he can have no visitation or anything like that. Then call 211 and sign on for pregnancy Medicaid so all bills will be covered. Sign on for WIC so you and the baby will have food and it can get healthcare and vaccinations. Find a state social worker to help you get some supplies like a stroller, crib, carseat, clothing, diapers, and whatever else. I recommend you give breastfeeding a try because it's the best for baby and it's free. No bottles or warming it to the right temperature. If you co-sleep no need to even get out of bed except for a diaper change.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

  • Dump him. He's an inconsiderate, selfish asshole. File for child support when the baby is born and be a single mom until you meet a nice guy that will treat you with respect and love. No he does not love you. If he did he would be nicer, consider your feelings and wouldn't call you names. There are nice men out there. Be strong for your baby and move on. He will treat the baby with disrespect too.

    Answer by jenny3344 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

  • You already know in your heart what to do. It was the FIRST thing you wrote in your question. Go home to your friends and family.
    If a guy is acting like he doesn't give a ----, it's because he genuinely doesn't give a ----. No exceptions. I know he says he loves you, but love isn't a noun. It's a verb. It's what you DO. To love someone means to put their needs and desires above your own. He's an abuser. The names he calls you, the physical and emotional abandonment, making you feel like the problem is you, not him- these are all marks of an abusive relationship.
    Go home. Do as the other poster said and get in touch with Human Services and get enrolled in WIC, Medicaid, etc. there's so much help out there for single mummies. :) Get in to see an OB doctor ASAP. Tell them you can't pay but are seven months along and need to be seen. They will give you the Medicaid paperwork to fill out.
    Good luck chickie and CONGRATS! :)

    Answer by hopelesspirate at 9:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

  • I'm just going to be blunt and I'm sorry ahead of time but from what I've picked up on he's moved on. He moved for one, doesn't give you the time of day, doesn't care about the pregnancy or baby that is on the way, and shuts his phone off. Big indicators that he's in a new relationship. He got the chance to start fresh and he took it. If he loved or wanted you at all he would have made you go with him, he'd help out with baby items. If your jobless with no income you can apply through your state, there's absolutely no reason for you not to be on insurance or tanf. When the baby is born go down and set up child support to be taken straight from his pay instead of trying to wait for him to write a check, that'll never happen. If he tries to sweet talk you from the idea hang up on him.

    Answer by CEWarsop at 9:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

  • YES, you are wasting your time. DUMP HIM NOW.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2013

  • Why are your family and friends not supporting you?

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.