How long should you wait after a csection to have another baby?

Its been 7 months so far.

bella710

Asked by bella710 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• idealy you should wait at least 18 months between the births, but you know what, you know your body, if you feel ready, go for it.

I was born on my brother's 1st birthday, both of us were csections.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• i got pregnant 5 days after mine so u are good to go lol
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My doctor said that it only takes a couple months for a cesarean scar to heal completely. However you should wait almost 2 years between births period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• my doctor said it was up to me when i got pregnant again. he said within a few months my body would be healed so anytime after that was fine. And he also said I can have as many babies as I want- there is no reason to think there is a limit to the number of pregnancies you can have after a c section. He is a very well respected specialist so I trust his opinion.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• If you want to try a VBAC, you'll probably find a more willing doctor if you go at least 18-24 months between births (so another 2 months before you get pregnant). If you want repeat C-sections, then you're probably fine right now (and you may still be able to find a doctor to do a VBAC). I would ask your doctor if it's something that really concerns you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I wouldn';t have too many. I lost my daughter to uterine rupture (from scar tissue of repeated cesareans). Your doctor is misinformed or purposely misinforming you, mnt 2 b mommy. I'm with Anonymous, go for a vbac. I wish I had.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 20, 2009