How often are you new parents being intimate with your SO

I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old who primarily sleeps with me for the mat part. My husband is very busy with his own business. Is it normal we aren't having sex as much as we used to? How often are other couples doing it?! Sorry if a weird queation

mommarobynp

Asked by mommarobynp at 8:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• With four kids (granted they are older than yours) we still go at least three times a week except for the week of my cycle. It does tend to slow down, in my experience, when the kids are little like your 5 months old. It should recover once the children are sleeping through the night. After all, with the three am feedings and diaper changes you are probably more interested in sleep than sex anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• When mine were little not that often but it picks up as they get a little older.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• Sex is like air. It's not a big deal til you aren't getting any. That being said, if you are both ok with the situation as it is, then don't worry about it. If one of you feels as if your needs aren't being met, then make changes to schedules, sleeping arrangements, etc.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2013

• You're quite normal, really. There are other priorities at this point.

If it makes you feel any better… my husband had a serious motorcycle accident a decade ago. No sex since then. NONE. Too much pain for him, and the meds that kill the pain make him unable. I had to decide whether I valued him more for ALL of him or for the bits between his legs. Easy choice for me!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2013

• 100% normal. Absolutely.

Side note, my son is 5, doesn't live with us full time, and we're engaged - we haven't had sex for 7 months. No excuses for us! :P
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Innitiate if you want it, if he says no, don't get mad. 1-2 a month minimum perhaps? Once a week is normal, or if your young crazy horny, once a day is normal. Whatever floats your boat as long as your not at the edge of your seat stressin!
    sunnysideup89

Answer by sunnysideup89 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2013