Options for nerve pain in pregnancy

Hubby and I are thinking about trying for another baby next summer. I will ask my doctor but I know that Neurotin (Gabapentin) is a common medication and I'm on Norco. I'm on a fairly high dose of Neurontin for nerve pain with about 1 Norco a day.

Has anybody used these in pregnancy? If you were on them before pregnancy and they switched you what meds did they switch you to?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:25 AM on Dec. 15, 2013 in General Parenting

• I don't think Neuron tin is safe to take while pregnant. Call your Dr or pharmacist.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 5:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2013

• Great question for your DOCTOR. Nothing we can advise you about.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• Gabapentin and Norco are both pregnancy risk category C, meaning research has shown risk to the fetus. Talk to your doctor to see if there are any other options for you. I'm seeing the same thing for the other meds I know of for nerve pain (my husband is on several).

You may find that pregnancy for you will mean living in pain.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• @gdiamante I'd probably be sticking with some from of hydrocodone like I did last time. Just dealing isn't an option for me, I'm already on a cane when my pills don't work well enough.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2013