Need tips please

I am with a direct sales company and am having trouble booking parties. I know they tell you to have family and friends book parties or to have your own but here is my dilemma. I don't have friends near me to book parties and no family to book either. I live in a small trailer so there is no room to have a party here. What are some tips to get parties booked when you have no one to help you get started?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2013 in Money & Work

• Advertise on craigslist.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2013

• Craigslist and Patch.com if there's a Patch outlet in your area. But I'd be looking for another job to do if you don't have a social circle at all. I've seen women with BIG social circles have difficulties with this type of business. NO social circle could be deadly.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• I work a full time job but I work in the office of a plant where it is me and two other ladies and the rest are men. I will check out Craigslist and Patch. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• You can make excuses or you can make money. You can't do both.
    I'd take a look at hosting your own again. I've done parties in trailers with much success.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• PartyGalAnne, I am not making excuses. I live in a small trailer and we don't even have room to have the kids bday parties here much less a home party. I was not looking to be belittled. I was looking for ideas. How is it making excuses if I am looking for solutions?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• No offense but perhaps this isn't the best business for you?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• I know I can do this. Just trying to get some ideas. If you don't have positive ideas please don't comment. I am not looking for people to knock me down.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• Have you thought of putting up small notices at laundromat, library or other places where might see them. I used to go to Dr's office on 3re floor of office building. There were often notices in elevator. (be sure to get permission before posting though)
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 3:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2013