IEP with no title

i don't understand this.I was told that the IEP wil be given based on his health and i heard the special ed teacher saying that she would take 4 days to be with child and also the .OT and speech teacher will also be working with child. idk what to do. p lease someone help me with this. the case worker did not give me any of my forms, saying that she'll have them on monday they also said we'll try to have a title by february. i'm going tomorrow. i'm wondering why is Special Ed services are being given if you don't have a title . I'm mobile sorry for any typos

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Why do you need a "title"?? No you SHOULD NOT revoke services... that makes NO sense!! Did you have an IEP meeting? It takes a few days to finish the paperwork, when it's done you will get a copy to sign off on. They have a specific amount of time after the meeting to get that done, it's NOT instant!! If you have questions about the process call and ask... it's not that big of a deal to clarify the process. Calm down!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 15, 2013

• http://www.wrightslaw.com/info/iep.index.htm

http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/learning/iep.html#

Here is some info.... you might want to read up on the process so you can better help your child!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2013

• thanks, first time with this,i already signed off on it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2013

• I'm guessing by "title" she means diagnosis, or a label of some sort to explain why the services are being given. When my youngest had an IEP for speech therapy, I walked out with the paperwork the same day, but I imagine in some instances, it would take longer. What I don't understand is why you didn't ask questions during the meeting? You should have been asking about things you didn't understand as they came up. At mine, they asked me several times if I understood everything, or if I had any questions.

Given that you don't understand what was going on, I would NOT stop services. They may be needed and you stopping them because you didn't understand could do harm. I would just call tomorrow and tell them you have questions and start asking. Get someone to go with you if you need more help understanding than you think they will give you.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2013

• ok wendy: i did ask questions i just thinking to much over this wknd on it, i will call in the morning to see if papers are ready and with any questions
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2013