Raising my metabolism

I had a partial hysterectomy about five years ago. Since then, my metabolism has slowed down and I have gained a little weight. I have been exercising and eating right and nothing seems to be helping. I have had 2 kids and before my surgery I weighed 117 pounds and now weight 140 pounds. I know I will not get back to 117 but I was wanting to get to 125 and tone up my body a little. What tips do you have to help raise my metabolism to help me reach this goal?

charleyangel317

Asked by charleyangel317 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 15, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Have you consulted a trainer at a gym? I think places like Weight Watchers can help you as well.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• I thought about that but I live payday to payday. I can't afford the gym or a trainer
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• After the New Year, Weight Watcher's will be free to join at their facilities. Then you can just attend weekly meetings for very little money. (I recommend you attend at least one of their meetings for their motivational speeches), then just go weekly to get weighed.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• This is an article worth reading regarding metabolism ...

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20306911,00.html

theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 2:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2014