Has anyone weaned off Caffeine?

How did you go about it?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 5:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2013 in Health

• I think I would wean off ambien before caffeine.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• why the hell ya wanna do that mavi? Are you sick lol????
    I did quit cold turkey "ONCE" ..... gotta have it I aint gonna lie!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• NO!! Never!!!! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• OMG! Yes, and it was horrible. I had heard that caffeine withdrawl is now a medical diagnosis.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324904004578537263312778902

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• I'm afraid I q
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• Okay, that was weird....anyway, as I started to say....I'm afraid I quit cold turkey. I had about a week that was just plain miserable, headaches, nausea, and fatique.

My caffeine of choice is diet coke, I don't drink coffee or tea. I really was quitting the soda more than anything. I don't think it was just the caffeine I was having withdrawals from, I think it was the artificial sweetener too.

Anyway, it's been about a month now, and I feel so much better. It was worth a week or so of torture!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• Oh hell no! LOL
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 6:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• It's miserable, but utlimately a good thing IF you are replacing all that caffeine intake with water. And really, you have to or you're going to get very sick.

Ween off slowly, if you drink it all day, cut it in half (so if you're 3 cups of coffee in the AM and 4 pops/teas/etc through the day, do 1.5 cups and 2 other drinks). In between each drink, drink 8 oz of water. Get acclimated to that before you cut it in half again. Keep Excedrin on hand if you get an unbearable headache, but don't take it every day, only if you absolutely can't stand it. Also buy lots of toilet paper - once you switch to water you're going to pee a lot for the first few days.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• And yes, I'm drinking only water, sometimes I squeeze some fresh lemon in it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2013

• Yeah, you'll have a headache for a week. I went down from six cups of coffee to one latte in the morning. I went off all coffee for a while but picked back up morning caffeine to get through the day.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2013