Any sleep aids that are safe to take while pregnant?

I've had a history with insomnia and it has started up again, are there any safe sleep aids that I can take while pregnant?

JuneBug828

Asked by JuneBug828 at 4:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2013 in Pregnancy

• My Ob recommended unisom, not specifically for insomnia but along with B6 for nausea. But I know that one is safe to use. Late in my 5 th pregnancy he gave me a prescription for ambien. Ask your dr what they reccome d.

Answer by missanc at 5:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• It's best to ask a medical professional, like your OB/GYN. We wouldn't want you to cause harm to that precious cargo.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• You know, maybe you should mention this to your DOCTOR or other healthcare provider. so if someone recommends something are you just going to go try it or are you going to ask your doctor about it's safety? You never know who is on the other end of the computer. Someone might tell you to take something that could harm your child and if you did, well I guess that's on you. Bottom line ask someone you trust not someone who happened to be online.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• This would be an excellent question for your doctor.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• First and foremost try more natural solutions - tea (as long as it's a tea that's safe for pregnant women), eating well, getting some exercise, etc. Warm milk was my go-to when I was pregnant - worked wonders.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• that's the only thing I didn't like about being pregnant, you couldn't take things you normally could. sorry I don't have an answer for you.
    wifey000175554

Answer by wifey000175554 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2013

• Ask your dr.
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 8:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2014