Stopping BFing and hormonal effects?

My son is 13 months old and has weaned himself. He's been drinking cow's milk since he was 11 1/2 months old because I couldn't make enough BM to support him. I work FT and I have a 175 mile round trip M-F, I was pumping 3-4 times per day and only able to nurse him before bed, first thing in the AM. Anyway, I've been producing less and less milk to where I'm done pumping and nursing. I still have milk though and it's been a few days, I have no engorgement. My hormones are going nuts, I haven't started my period, I'm breaking out, I'm mad, sad, guilty, tired, hate how I look, hate my boobs, bloated, hair feels gross, hate my husband sometimes, can't focus, gaining weight even though I'm at the gym for my lunch hour M-F, the only thing that makes everything OK for me right now is my son! He makes everything I feel go away when I'm with him! Has anyone gone through this? This sucks, it wasn't even this bad when I was pregnant..

Christina7808

Asked by Christina7808 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I felt some of those things when I stopped bf at 19 months. I actually still have some liquid in one breats (the one he favored) and he is now 24 month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I still have some milk too. My DD weaned 2 months ago, and I am 7 weeks pregnant. Please forgive me for laughing while reading but when you listed everything all together like that I was thinking Pregnant? Please forgive me for that. I know the feelings well! You are normal, and possibly a bit depressed.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Take comfort in knowing that these feelings will subside. In the mean time get good sleep. Try going to bed a little earlier for a week. On top of the hormonal surge, not getting enough sleep is going to make you feel very irritable and most likely your husband is going to be your outlet. Have a glass of wine with a hot bath before you go to bed. A hot bath always makes you feel better. The most positive thing that makes of all of this worth it is your son and I am glad to see that you are recognizing that. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate, a very busy schedule, maybe you are running yourself to thin. Give your body up to two months to adjust again, if you're still feeling out of control then you should probably go so your female doc for a check up and some comfort. Hang in there, you song like a very sane and strong woman to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2009