What is the best and cheapest soap to use in the bathroom that is also Antibacterial for my children?

Blessings4wayz

Asked by Blessings4wayz at 9:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• We don't use Antibacterial soap. It's not necessary & too drying to the skin. I like Softsoap best & it's reasonably priced. If you insist on antibacterial, Softsoap makes one.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• We just use equate...Walmart brand of softsoap.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:47 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• yeah,skip the antibacterial,and teach the kids to wash their hands properly.
    I just get one of those big bottles of Suave shampoo,and use a pump style dispenser. Soap is soap.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Anti-bacterial soap is bad for your children. So is hand sanitizer. Your kids will be much healthier if you quit using both.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• We also use equate brand, not necessarily antibacterial.

Answer by missanc at 9:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• "Anti-bacterial soap is bad for your children. So is hand sanitizer. Your kids will be much healthier if you quit using both. "

I can't second this enough

Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 9:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• I agree with the ladies who are saying just use regular soap, antibacterial soap is not the best choice for everyday washing.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• I buy softsoap for the bathroom. If you buy one small one with the hand pump it is about $2,then you buy the big bottle for about $4 to refill the small ones, you can use the big one to refill the smaller ones about 5 times.
    CKel

Answer by CKel at 10:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• I have to agree with the others on the hand santizer. I only keep hand sanitizer in my car for rare instances when we might desperately need to wash hands but simply can't get to soap and water. Otherwise, it's soap and water all the way.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• You don't "need" anti bacterial. It's not necessary So just use anything you find that fits in your budget.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2013