Sick 2 year old wont eat!

She has a runny nose, and threw up a couple times yesterday. Today she seems a little better, hasnt thrown up, and no fever, but she wont eat! I gave her cereal earlier and she took a bite then didnt want anymore. I also tried giving her a waffle and she didn't want it. She's drinking fluids, but I wish she'd eat something! If it continues like this I'll take her to the doctor, but until then, any suggestions on what to give her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give her time to heal. As long as she's drinking fluids she'll be fine for a couple of days
    Brawn

Answer by Brawn at 10:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• I agree with Brawn. Fluids are very important. Maybe try giving her a Pediasure shake to help her get some vitamins/nutrients back in her. Hope she bounces back quickly. It's no fun being sick around the holidays.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• You've had stomach bugs before where the mere thought of food just made you nauseous? Yeah, I have, too. I didn't want food, wasn't hungry, wouldn't have eaten even if it was my most favorite food. That's where your baby is right now. She'll eat when her body tells her it's ready for food. In the meantime, let her have all the fluids she wants - juice, Gatorade, popsicles, whatever she can tolerate. She'll tell you when she's hungry again.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• That's normal. As long as she's getting fluids, that's most important. You could try giving her some pediasure if you're worried.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• She doesn't need to eat. She would probably just throw it up anyway. As long as she's drinking it's fine. She will let you know when she is hungry.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• It's more important that she is taking fluids and not becoming dehydrated. She won't starve if not eating for a day or two. If vomiting continues hold off on any thing by mouth for several hours then try small sips, maybe a teaspoon at a time of FLAT Coke, no carbonation. I was advised by my pediatrician to do this. Something in the Coke can settle the stomach. If not eating continues or she is vomiting greenish (bile) take her to your doctor.
    redbird151

Answer by redbird151 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Let her be, just make sure she drinks a bit. I don't want food when I'm sick, either. She'll eat soon enough.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2013