Advertising Ideas

I am in direct sales. I have found a company that I love but was looking into some advertising ideas and was wondering what ideas do you all use to advertise your business?

charleyangel317

Asked by charleyangel317 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2013 in Money & Work

• Gotta go where your market is. What kind of direct sales?

Answer by gdiamante at 10:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Join blogging clubs, groups, friends, neighbors, free advertising sites, etc...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• I sell handbags and organizational items. I do have a blog but can't seem to get many followers but still trying, I have a FB fan page but most of the likes I have on there are from other direct sales companies.
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Have you tried Pinterest? You can pin your items as you blog about them.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• I will try that too. Thanks. I am looking for all of the ideas I can get. The more I have available to get my name out there the better.
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Put up a flier anywhere in your town where it is allowed....grocery store, library maybe, etc. Have tabs with your phone and name on it for people to tear off. Keep it updated often. Do a mass mailing to the homes in your vicinty. Have a special promotion on your mailing. Make sure you mail it, though. Simply putting something in a person's mail box is not allowed.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• GET OFF THE COUCH.
    You'll book most of your parties AT parties.
    You need to be fun, interesting, engaging, and a self promoter.

BTW- isn't this like the 4th company you've joined? Jack of all trades, master of none. You're not putting in enough work to reap any reward.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• This is the third company in about 4 years Anne. I am getting off the couch and doing things but just looking for more ideas to help increase my range. Why do you feel the need to bash someone that you don't even know?
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• I've read all your other posts and you don't want to do parties, you want to just do online sales, you want everything for free, and you want everyone to do everything for you, include think.
    I don't need to know you, I know your type.
    Success will not fall into your lap. You have to work for it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• That was when I was working with only one vehicle and was limited on my transportation. I have that now. I don't want anything for free but trying to find ways to advertise that is in by budget because I do have kids to support that come first. You don't know anything about me or "my type" but you assume you do. I was trying to find a company that I was comfortable with and no I don't want people to do everything for me but there is nothing wrong with asking for help and for ideas. I am willing to work my ass off to get where I want to be. But I bet I know your type. Thinks they are better than everyone else. Wants everyone to think that they are successful and being able to live only off of the money from parties when you are probably in the same boat as me trying to do what you need to do to take care of your kids, working a job you hate, making everyone miserable in the process.
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2013