How do you get your man in the mood.....

... for CHRISTMAS!?

My hubs says he is NOT feeling the holiday spirit this year. I know it makes him sad, and it bums me out too. We usually have sooo much fun this time of year, but we have moved into a brand new home so things feel different, he and I both work more, so I have done the majority of the Christmas shopping, though I had him wrap which is his favorite part.

We haven't had time to enjoy our friends and families company as much, as well as our own little family here at home. I can't fix everything but I am trying to get him more excited for the rest of the season.

SO, today I texted him and told him he needs to put his radio on the Christmas station and leave it there until the 26th. No sports or depressing news radio! :) Tonight I take his car to work and I am gonna decorate the inside with little ornaments so when he gets in tomorrow it will be a fun surprise. Thursday night I am gonna take us driving around to look at lights... What do I do next?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2013 in Relationships

• Why this have to be a difficult question? I was all prepared to just answer with "walk around naked".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• I'd be pissed if my husband told me that only thing that I could listen to until the 26th was the Christmas station. I'd be even more pissed if I found my car decorated with annoying ornaments that got in the way. Instead, why don't y'all set some time aside to do something together or just spend time together. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Lol, I was prepared to tell him, Would you like to have sex?
    IDK, I am not a big Christmas person either, hate having to figure out what each person is going to love. Is it truly that big of deal? It is one day out of many, I tell my DH I have the Christmas spirit everday but Christmas, LOl
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Do you have the house decorated? Baked any cookies? Played in the snow (if you live in an area with snow)?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• lol.. well my husband is a pretty fun loving guy who knows how to take a joke. He knows its just me giving a little nudge to do what I can .. and the thought that counts. JeremysMom I am sorry you don't know how to have a good time. Uh, yea... if we had time to spend together, we would... but unfortunetely life is hard for some people and we have bills to pay and lots of kids to care for so work just kinda has to happen.

Geez this is just supposed to be a fun post, and my husband brought it up to me last night so I am trying to raise his spirits cuz, I don't know, I love him? call me crazy.... just trying to do something nice and you guys have to come in and still find something to be rude about. wow.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• PartyGalAnne, yea we have done lots of cookies and decorating, but again he has been gone for most of it. I have baked the cookies and left them for him and kids to decorate when he is home and I am gone at work, he has taken the kids sledding... I am not sure what the hard part for him is.. so I am just doing what I can. It isn't a CRISIS... just trying to have some fun.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• JeremysMom I am sorry you don't know how to have a good time.

I know how to have a good time, but to me listening to Christmas music for the next 9 or so days and having to move ornaments out of my way as I drive, is not my idea of a good time. If you don't have time to spend with him even if it is just 5 or so minutes here or there then leave cute/funny/sexy notes for him. Make plans to have a date in the future when things calm down.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• NOBODY was rude! Sometimes you feel it, sometimes you don't, get over it.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Bake cookies so the yummy smell is in the house.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Maybe he is stressed over your gift, or money.

Don't insult other members. You'll find yourself on a one way trip to Bangkok.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2013