Endometrial Biopsy

I am scheduled for an Endometrial biopsy done this week and I am a little freaked out. Partly because I don't know what to expect and partly because as a single mom I am alone and don't really have anyone around that can help with anything needed. Luckily my DD is going to be at her father's this weekend but still a little freaked out. I had a colposcopy earlier this year and was in severe pain but I was living with my BF at the time so I had help and tender loving care (including an insistence that I go back to the Dr to make sure that everything was ok since I was experiencing extreme pain.) What should I expect?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 11:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2013 in Health

• When I had my endometrial biopsy, I don't remember it being much more painful than a pap smear. Uncomfortable, but not really painful. But then I have a high pain tolerance. I was mostly scared because they were looking for cancer. Unfortunately they found it. But that was one hysterectomy, and 12 years ago.  Good luck, try to keep a positive attitude.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 11:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2013

• Like other poster mine was not much more than a pap smear. a couple little sharp pains and that was it. Doc let me know what he was doing and when to expect the pain, No problems after except slight spotting for an hour or two. IMHO monthly cramps were worse and lasted much longer.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 3:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2013